UK Biostores & Services are headquartered in the North West of England. Our mission is to enhance the Quality and Cost effectiveness for the research community. We understand that as research needs increase so does the drain on time and resources. Our aim is to reduce the management requirements for researchers to focus on data analysis while enhancing Sample integrity.
A huge advantage of storing your precious samples with UK Biostores and Services is that we have vast experience in Cryogenic Robotic Storage Systems. We work with Liconic who are one of the World’s leading manufacturer of Semi and Fully Automated -20/80°C storage systems, and their engineers have been installing and maintaining multiple systems around the World for the past 15 years.
Our facilities team also have multiple years’ experience in the procedures and measures required to ensure the safety and integrity of your samples.
We are fully HTA licensed and are ISO9001:2008 certified. Our verified temperature mapping procedures ensures that samples are at the correct temperature required. This gives you the peace of mind that samples are being stored at the temperature stated.
Benefits to UK Biostores & Services:
Security & Monitoring
- Surveillance — Around-the-clock and 24/7 video monitoring system and surveillance procedures protect our facility
- Sample integrity — Temperatures of samples are monitored 24/7, with measures in place to alert of any changes.
- Reporting — Automatic data collection 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Reports can be sent to you to aid compliance and demonstrate full temperature traceability.
- Verified Temperatures —Temperature probes are calibrated and certified to UKAS standard ensuring your samples are verified to be stored at the agreed temperature.
- Quality Audits — Both internal and external audits are conducted throughout the year to ensure compliance.
- Equipment redundancy — Back-up freezers are onsite and tested regularly.
Quality Management Systems
- ISO regulated — We are a fully ISO9001:2008 certified organisation.
- SOPs — A comprehensive set of work documents to ensure all procedures are carried out the correct standard.
- Record management — Data and records are archived to give full traceability on all processes.
- Audit schedule — We audit against ISO9001 clauses and also conduct sample audits to ensure integrity throughout our system.